Son Foulard

Just a glance over the shoulder and its within my sight,

Resting tightly inside the grasp of my cast iron bed post,

As always, the rush of pleasant surprise fills my head at the remembrance of its existence.

Its silly really....that such an unimportant object can coax the corners of my mouth up into such a delightful grin


But...


If I look close enough can see your tender laughter in the frayed edges as they dance playfully in the fan's breeze.

I can feel your warm palm clasped in mine as i reach upward, running the fabric in and around my fingers.

I feel the rush of you crash everywhere as I swiftly pull it from the post into my arms ...a temporary replacement to fool my heart for the present moment.

Honestly, I have nothing to truly miss....

But, for the times when I am not able to snap my fingers and have you immediately beside me this memento of "you" has done a good job of pretending.


0 comments: